At Sovereign, our most valuable resource is our labor force. We are a community commonly united in the belief that all great things are built through the passion and the talent of great people. Our projects are only as successful as our people. We are Sovereign: construction innovation leaders.
The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the project team with organizing highly complex activities for the design, development, construction, close-out, and maintenance of Sovereign projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain timely and accurate communication with field personnel
- Attend client meetings to discuss field personnel opportunities; identify client needs and evaluate alternative construction and design related solutions
- Assist project manager in maintaining, reviewing, and evaluating project budgets
- Generate and negotiate subcontracts, purchase orders and service agreements
- Direct, review, or provide alternative solutions related to project changes
- Present and explain proposals, reports, or findings to clients, supply-chain partners, and project stakeholders
- Create, monitor and update project schedules on a routine and consistent basis
- Perform administrative functions, such as reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, purchasing of materials or services, and managing trade partner and owner change order requests/change order authorizations
- Identify opportunities for greater level of service delivery efficiency and make constructive suggestions for change; drive and facilitate the process of innovative change effectively
- Communicate relevant project information to appropriate parties, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Team management: utilize team members to fullest potential, encourage collaboration, mitigate conflict, foster positive communication, acknowledgement and appreciation. TEAM Sovereign Always in ALL Ways
- Perform other duties as needed to complete projects in a manner that creates the best client construction experience
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Prior construction experience of over 3 years
- Pleasant and confident demeanor when dealing with colleagues, clients, and project stakeholder
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English
- Efficient and well organized
- Proficiency with scheduling software (Microsoft Project/Primavera)
- Strong experience and proficiency with Procore software system
- Highly skilled with utilization of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and directly
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the project manager will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.